An elevator speech is a brief introduction of who you are and what you do.
What to say
1. Introduce yourself
2. What do you do. Your product or service
3. Who your market is
4. What makes you different. What is your Unique Selling Proposition
For example, you can use, “You know how? Well, what we do is…” E.G “You know how a lot of coaches use cookie cutter solutions that never really fit anyone? Well, what we do is listen carefully to your unique situation and then customize a solution, using our many years of experience.”
1. Keep it brief and to the point.
2. No hard selling. Be subtle.
3. Remember the end game. What do you want to achieve? How will you make money?
4. Keep your options open. As a Joint Venture broker, you have many options!
1. Exchange businesses cards.
2. Ask for referrals.
3. Send a SendOut Card.
4. Set up a future meeting.
5. Follow up by telephone and email.
Take time to write your elevator speech. It’s a good idea to practice, so that you will be comfortable and confident delivering it. Speak slowly, smile, relax, and enjoy yourself.